Digital signage software provides all the essential tools to help user create, manage, and control a digital signage that is widely used for many different purposes. Digital signage has become very popular in today’s market as it can be dynamically played in cable TVs and fully automated broadcast media outlets. Companies nowadays are choosing digital signage over billboards and other still advertisement because it allows a more flexible and powerful campaign promotion.
Creating contents for an advertisement or infomercial is a very tricky business but is made easier through the various digital signage software available everywhere. With easy-to-use and readily available tools, these software can help content makers create the perfect campaign messages and designs. Some software providers even provide customizable template for an easier creation of advertisements and campaign promotions. This way, the companies wouldn’t need to hire an A-list advertising team to come up with commercials to promote their services and products. In a digital signage display in a restaurant, for example, managers can easily train their staff so they can easily control the ads that will be displayed in the LCD screen. But what do they need to remember in creating infomercials in this platform? Here are some key points that every content developer must consider:
1. Know your audience. Be mindful of the customers’ demography to know the kind of language and design that would strike to them most. Perhaps, the current holiday trend will attract more attention than a plain untimely content.
2. Write clear and concise tagline or statement. Make sure to get the gist of the idea that the business or organization wants to convey. Consider if the digital signage is supposed to sell a product, endorse a promo, update price rate, or offer a new service. All the words and text in the digital signage must capture the main objective of the business.
3. Digital signage software also requires different messages for the different screen zones. In most cases, the display is divided into two to four screens, so content developers must consider making a strategic message contents to make the overall display look good.
4. Make an eye-catching design that will create a lasting impact to those who will see it. Utilize the capability of the digital signage. Make use of motion graphics, moving typography, and animated images to promote the products, services, or ideas. It is best to consult a designer before composing the content of the signage so the quality will not be put to risk.
5. Polish content thoroughly. Consult the promotion head to check if the finished advertisement material suits the objectives of the company or the project. Making lots of revision is not bad as long as the end product will meet all the requirements. Besides, most digital signage software is user-friendly so altering the content will not cause a lot of trouble. If possible, pre-test the digital signage to a small group of the target audience.
6. Publish the polished content depending on the capacity of the company. For big companies, it is best to consider digital billboards or any bigger platforms so more people can see the ads. For smaller scale trades, on the other hand, such as organizations that do not really need to sell products in the national markets (e.g universities, hospitals, banks); an in-house display would already suffice.
7. Maintain the digital signage regularly. With the use of good digital signage software, companies can easily manipulate the schedule of the appearance of each infomercial. Displays can be altered whenever, wherever without much hassles. So, as long as the signage equipment is working, the content author can continually develop the contents of the digital signage.